Reporting to the Chief Executive, we’re looking for marketer to lead our digital and marcomms activity.
This includes creating beautiful, engaging and shareable content across TV, websites and social media, improving our marketing systems and working with our web agency, creating a roadmap for our new member services and helping develop new areas.
We need someone who is born lives and breathes digital, strong on design and creative, savvy about workflow with a dash of traditional marcomms.
We want someone who loves both planning and hands-on delivery, who works with initiative and at pace.
- Lead on managing and delivery of all marketing, communications and digital activity, meeting agreed objectives across owned, earned and paid channels
- Develop an integrated marcomms calendar with great ideas for features
- Update our website content by creating and publishing new material and updating the home page and other areas, using the site CMS.
- Create and publish social media content across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Create online campaigns and support any paid digital marketing through Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Outbrain etc
- Produce regular e-shots/newsletters on Benchmark
- Grow our data marketing through our Insightly CRM, updating, understanding and targeting our audiences
- Community management, engaging our digital audiences so they become active, engaged and vibrant communities
- Lead engaging marketing campaigns for new series and seasons
- Work with our web agency on developing the next phase of the channel online
- Work with creative agencies and/or designers as required
- Raise the profile of key Community Channel programmes to both consumer and trade audiences through press highlights, talent-led features and targeted activity
- Lead any offline marketing, including events and printed marketing collateral
- Launch and develop a new online audience panel – objectives, incentives, requirements, communications and plan
- Manage marketing interns and volunteers
- Enhance existing media and third-sector partnerships and develop new ones that spread the word and encourage sign up, which may include securing pro bono ad space, editorial coverage and a network of reciprocal partnerships through
- Monitor and report on the performance of digital and marketing activity and to improve activity through analysis tools.
- At least 3 years’ experience in content, digital, marketing and communications ideally with managerial experience, with digital publishing and data expertise
- Experienced in content management, creating editorial calendars and using web publishing platforms
- Experienced in driving engagement with customers/consumers and delivering results via a wide channel mix and methodologies
- Experienced in devising, delivering and evaluating campaigns with a rolling programme of marketing activity
- Experienced in e-marketing and social media
- Excellent copywriting, photo-editing, graphic design and social video
- Get hands-on with CRM tools to understand, segment, target and evaluate audience data and activity successfully
- Experience of developing successful pro bono marketing partnerships and
- securing media coverage with existing relationships with journalists/outlets
- Excellent project management, planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of an organisation
- Interest in communities, cooperatives and social enterprises
- Experience of administrative work and ability to work without supervision
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the aims and values of Community Channel.
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Contract: Six months (Fixed Term Contract)
Hours: 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £32,000 (dependent on experience)
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter describing how your skills and experience match our requirements, together with the completed Equal Opportunities form to [email protected].
Closing Date: Friday 30th June, 5pm.
Community Channel values diversity and is an equal opportunities employer.
We are a charitable Community Benefit Society (registered number 7400) and proud to be a member of Cooperatives UK.
About Community Channel
Community Channel is dedicated to inspiring people to do more in their community and make the U.K. a better place for us all.
We broadcast into 26 million TV homes, we’re streamed and on-demand. Over 10 million people tuned in last year and our viewers tell us they learn more by watching the channel and are motivated to do more for others
We are now an independent Community Benefit Society and the first supporter-owned national TV channel in the world.
We are a 16-year-old creative start-up. Join us and forge our exciting next chapter.