We're hiring! Volunteer Marketing Manager
Job Title: Volunteer Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Channel Director
Period: Three Months, part time
Hours: 2-3 days a week, 9.30am to 5.30pm
DBS: Not Essential
About Community Channel
Community Channel inspires people to do more in their community. We broadcast into 26 million TV homes, we’re streamed and on-demand. Over 10 million people tuned in last year and our viewers tell us they learn more by watching the channel and are motivated to do more for others
We are an independent Community Benefit Society and the first supporter-owned national TV channel in the world.
We are a 16-year-old creative start-up. Join us and forge our exciting next chapter.
We’re looking for someone to support our digital and social media activity. This includes creating and publishing online and social content, growing our communities and working on our member services.
We need someone who lives and breathes digital, strong on creative and interested in digital marketing systems.
- Update our website content by creating and publishing new material and updating the home page and other areas, using the site CMS.
- Create and publish social media content across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Produce regular e-shots/newsletters on Benchmark software
- Create online campaigns and support any paid digital marketing through Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Outbrain etc
- Use our Insightly CRM to update, understand and target our audiences
- Community management, engaging our digital audiences so they become active, engaged and vibrant communities
- Support Member Club activity for our 200+ owners
- Support engaging marketing campaigns for new series and seasons
- Monitor and report on the performance of digital and marketing activity and to improve activity through analysis tools
This would suit someone with the following attributes:
- Some experience in content creation, management and CMS
- Some experience in e-marketing and social media
- Copywriting, photo-editing, graphic design and social video preferable
- Good knowledge of online video platforms and video publishing
- Some knowledge of CRM products
- Good written, research and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, email and the internet
- Interest in communities, cooperatives and social enterprises
- Experience of administrative work and ability to work without supervision
- Attention to detail
- Proactive and positive (with a ‘can do’ attitude)
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Community Channel values diversity and is an equal opportunities employer.
We are a charitable Community Benefit Society (registered number 7400) and proud to be a member of Cooperatives UK.
If you are interested send your cv and cover letter to [email protected]